I’m currently sitting on my bedroom floor marveling at the amount of wonderful things (read: things I don’t need and clothes that don’t fit) that are packed up to go to Goodwill, along with a huge garbage bag full of garbage.
I, quite randomly, chose yesterday and today to clean out my room, and I mean my ENTIRE room; 2 dressers, closet, desk, junk drawer, and window cabinet. It’s taken me all day yesterday and today, it’s done!
This cleaning rampage came on the heels of last night spin class. It was a “best of 2010” theme with some of the top hits from this year, and 2010 inspired drills. The last drill of the class was 20 20-second sprints with 10 second breaks in between. 10 seconds doesn’t sound like a lot of break time and, let me tell you, it’s even quicker when you’re on the bike. The goal of these sprints was to start with everything from 2010 on sprint #1 and, by the time we got to sprint #20, to leave all the negative baggage and have a mindset to carry with us into 2011. It definitely was worth all the pain! I tired to pick one specific “thing” from 2010 to shred for each 20 seconds and honestly felt lighter by the time we hit 20. I got inspired to make my room and all my belongings a little lighter, too.
There will be no resolutions for me this year. I’m usually the girl who makes a lengthy list and ends up beating herself up far too much for not accomplishing or “getting around to them”. Well, except blogging!! That was one of mine last year, and I’ve stuick to it! And thanks for sticking with me!
This year, it’s living, loving, and believing every dream and every goal.
So, as I close out 2010 with a bit more cleaning and celebrations with my family, here’s 10 things I did in 2010 and 11 I hope to do in 2011.
10 for 2010:
(in no particular order)
- Graduated from college
- Wrote a 65 page thesis
- Competed in 3 5Ks
- Took a vacation to Disney
- Grew deeper in my Faith
- Got a job
- Had some amazing times with amazing college friends
- Started this blog! (and really took pride in it!)
- Gave up my walker!! (mostly)
- Started truly believing in everything I’m setting out to accomplish
11 for 2011:
(again, no order)
- Travel, either alone or with a friend
- Compete in at least 2 more 5Ks than those already on my schedule
- Get my license
- Meet Prince Charming…a girl can dream can’t she?!
- Ride a bike, a real one, not a spin bike!
- Become even more passionate about my blog
- Read some good books
- See a professional bike race (see #1)
- Grow deeper in my Faith
- KEEP truly believing in everything I’m setting out to accomplish
- The big W. (see #10 and almost every other blog post I’ve written)
What are some of the things you’re hoping to do in 2011?
Happy New Year Everyone! Be safe and enjoy!